Friday, September 17, 2010

Let Go

from a time in prayer

Let go of everything but me.
Cling only to my Spirit.

Let go of fear, of all anxious worry.
My Spirit will fill you with courage and trust.
Let go of hatred, all resentful grudges.
My Spirit will fill you with love and forgiveness.
Let go of pride, foolish self attachment.
My Spirit will fill you with humility and sacrifice.
Let go of doubt and lingering uncertainty.
My Spirit will fill you with lasting faith.
Let go of tears and sorrows remembered.
My Spirit will fill you with unbridled joy.
Let go of timidity with it's hesitant steps.
My Spirit will fill you with zeal and passion.

Only by letting go will you find,
in emptying will you fill,
in giving you will receive,
in dying you shall live.

Behold, when you forget yourself you will remember me,
and I shall not forget you.
I will fill you with my Spirit.
Your weakness is no match for my strength.
Turn over all to me and I will cast out all that hinders you,
all that has caused you to weep bitter tears of anguish.

Yet I warn you, nothing must be kept back.
If you fully desire my Spirit, then you must fully give all that you are.
But I tell you, do not be afraid.
For when you fully give yourself,
fully empty, fully lose,
you will become, fully, the person you were meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment