Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Love of the Father

As a babe on its parent’s knee,
so shall I rest in the lap of the Lord.
Like a child who awaits the coming of his Father,
so shall I leap into his arms.

What is there that can keep me from him?
What deed can I do that will turn him away?
Swiftly does his chastisement turn to love.
Because of the greatness of his love he will embrace me.

Not for my merits does my Father love me,
for I am like an erring child, causing him pain with my sins.
He casts these aside in the face of his love.
My misdeeds are a drop of water in the eternal furnace of his unquenchable love!

It is in the love of the Lord that I have my hope.
Because of his great love he will not cast me off.
When I turn to him again he will shield me in his arms.
His desire is to bring me into his embrace.

Upon the lap of the Lord I find comfort.
In the arms of the Lord I take solace.
His presence for me is a sheltered place,
a refuge for me in times of trouble and grief.

How great is the Lord who shelters me with his presence,
who for the sake of his great name forsook me not.
He swiftly ran to me with arms outstretched,
enfolding me in the warmth of his love.

I sat on the knee of the Lord
and he listened to my weeping.
I told him of every affliction
and found in his presence peace.

What words, my loving Father, can express my gratitude?
You have been there for me always, guarding your child.
Even when I have transgressed your ways you are there.
Your love cannot be matched by anything on Earth.Thank you, thank you, Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment